We’ve signed the Armed Forces Covenant:
a promise from the nation that those who served or have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
We recognise the contribution that Service personnel, reservists, veterans, the cadet movement and military families make to our organisation, our community and to the country. We will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- Promoting the Armed Forces Covenant, and our support for the Armed Forces Community to our staff, customers, supply chains, and the wider public.
- Supporting Reservists with additional days of paid annual leave to carry out their duties.
- Promoting the employment of Service spouses, partners and dependants who may require short-notice leave when their partners are sent on deployment.
- Offering mentoring and guaranteed interview schemes to Veterans seeking employment.
- Supporting Cadet Force Adult Volunteers with additional days of paid annual leave to help them carry out their training requirement.
- Work with relevant charities and the Career Transition Partnership to offer work opportunities to the Wounded, Injured and Sick.
- Consider ways in which remote-working solutions might benefit the mobile Armed Forces Community, especially partners and spouses.
Read more about the Armed Forces Covenant here – Armed Forces Covenant: Guidance and support on gov.uk